Its key areas of interest are as follows:
- Conservation land management
- Nature-based tourism
- Research, surveillance and management of wildlife health
- Rehabilitation and release of native wildlife
- Conservation advice and training
- Education and interpretation
A key objective of the Conservancy is to use its unique skills to establish a regional role in conservation land management and interpretation, through building and maintaining close relationships with the community and key industries such as tourism and agriculture, as well as local government and the research sector.